This is a major update that improves all the REP packages.
Experimental Flight Model support for all REPs
In V4.6.0 we mainly focused on flight dynamics. This includes support for the Experimental Flight Model (EFM) and the incoming X-Plane 12.
There’s no need to manually activate the EFM. REP will activate it for you.
All the planes get a revamped flight model. This brings an even more realistic behavior, especially at lower speeds. Also, almost all REPs have now a better pitch trim authority.
Moreover, the EFM takes advantage of the improved ground effect. Now, it is clearly more effective.
The Piper Navajo hits beta stage
While we were working on v4.6, the REP for Carenado Piper 31 Navajo was under completion. The package hit the testing stage two days ago and we’re currently reviewing the user manual.
REP for the Navajo should hit the market pretty soon, well before the release of X-Plane 12. It will be compatible with the new sim just like any other REP.
Moving towards X-Plane 12
We expect REP to be 100% working on X-Plane 12 already. Surely, some minor issues will arise during the public beta tests of the sim. They will be quickly ironed out before the final release.
X-Plane 12 will introduce some refinements to the flight model as well. Therefore, expect a new small update of the REP flight model after X-Plane 12 beta is available.
- Change: “Smooth Brakes” and “Automatic Differential Brakes” options merged into the “Advanced Braking” option
- New: REP now includes TXT format checklists too
- Improvement: better LOP cut-out behavior in piston engines
- Improvement: more realistic piston engine power response when running ROP
- Improvement: more realistic manifold pressure behavior at high RPM
- Improvement: running oversquare when LOP does not damage the piston engines
- Improvement: REP waits for the real weather to load (if enabled) before updating the engine temperatures at startup
- Improvement: improved hypoxia recover at low altitude
- Fix: the manifold pressure was too low at idle
- Fix: The REP update loop was not always executed correctly in certain configurations
- Fix: The avionics is less prone to damage if the alternator is turned on/off with the avionics master on
- Beaver Fix: the primer sound was not completely played
- Beaver Improvement: increased elevator trim authority
- PC-12 Improvement: Experimental Flight Model Support
- PC-12 Improvement: more realistic elevator trim authority
- PC-12 Improvement: flaps extension time has been raised to 22s
- PC-12 Fix: Ng could not go higher than 100%
- Kodiak Fix: correct starter torque
- F33 XP11 Improvement: Experimental Flight Model Support
- F33 XP11 Improvement: more realistic landing gear drag curve
- F33 XP11 Improvement: more realistic flaps pitch moment
- V35, F33 Improvement: better IO-520-BB SFC and power curve at altitude
- V35 Improvement: Experimental Flight Model Support
- B58 XP11 Improvement: Experimental Flight Model Support
- B58 XP11 Improvement: better pitch authority at low speed
- B58 XP11 Improvement: more precise IO-550-C fuel flow
- C210 XP11 Improvement: Experimental Flight Model Support
- P28T Improvement: Turbo maximum RPM lowered to give a more realistic boost at altitude
- SF.260 Improvement: Experimental Flight Model Support
- SF.260 Fix: the autostart did not set the fuel selector on the more empty main tank
- Laminar B58 Improvement: Experimental Flight Model Support