You need the Carenado Pilatus PC-12 for X-Plane 11 to use this software.
How does REP change the default Pilatus PC-12?
The Reality Expansion Pack acts over different aspects of the Pilatus PC-12. Here are some:
- The flight dynamics are replaced to match the real world data. This is the starting point of every REP project. The correct airfoils, together with the plugin, will give the right dynamics to the airplane (right takeoff and landing speeds and attitudes, right stall speed and so on).
- The onboard systems and the failures are simulated by the 120.000+ lines of code contained in the plugin. Many of the features listed in the paragraph below are related directly to this point.
- The extra tools such the maintenance hangar, the kneeboard, the weight and balance and the walkaround
- Many 3D objects are added to complete the original model: the tie-downs, the chocks, the preheater and so on.
- The sounds effects are greatly enhanced by the plugin providing things such the wind sounds, the unique stereo touch down sounds, the amazing startup sounds etc.
And it comes with a bonus!
On our blog you find tons of resources and how-tos for REP. Moreover, we’re growing a community were you can stay in touch with us and learn/share your experience with other pilots.
REP for Carenado’s Pilatus PC-12 at a glance
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
- Realistic stall speeds & behavior
- Realistic climb speeds
- Realistic cruise speeds
- Realistic Weight & Balance
- Realistic taxi behavior
Complex Damages System
- Triggered by the pilot actions
- Based on real world data
- Target every system in the aircraft
- Meant to teach you how to correctly manage an airplane
- Can be enabled/disabled on the fly
- Earn virtual money when you fly
- Use virtual money to buy fuel and do maintenance/repairs
- Realistic fuel prices around the World
- Fully compatible with FSEconomy.
- More info at https://www.simcoders.com/
- Cockpit checks
- Lights checks
- Aileron, rudder, elevator and flaps check
- Tire check and choks removal
- Tie-down removal
- Pitot tube check
- Engine cowl check
- Push, pull and steer using the joystick
- Towbar simulation
Realistic PT-6 Engine Logic
- Uses an enhanced version of the new PT-6 model introduced with X-Plane 11
- Realistic lag
- Custom ITT evolution
- Custom throttle dynamics
- Custom propeller governor recreating all supported prop modes, electric auto-feather included
- Custom hot-start behavior
- Correct fuel consuption
- Secondary fuel-flow
- Realistic startup procedure
- Automatic startup procedure available to help newbies
- Realistic engine temperatures
- The engine parts are damaged if not managed correctly
Realistic Landing Gear
- The landing gear is damaged by hard landings and overspeed operations
- The brakes and tires are damaged if not managed correctly
Developed with love
- Coded by real pilots
Electrical & Avionics System
- Realistic Battery
- The avionics are damaged if on when the engine starts/shuts down
Native Virtual Reality Support
- Complete support of new X-Plane SDK 3.0
- Menu visible in VR
- Windows visible in VR
Learn with the in-flight tips
- A non invasive tip with a suggestion about the conduct of the flight is shown when you are not flying the airplane properly
- A non invasive tip with a suggestion on how to recover the problem is shown when you damage the airplane
Custom simulation of Hypoxia
- Tunnel vision
- Hard breathing
- Fuselage wind sound
- Landing gear wind
- Indipendent touch down sounds
Weight & Balance Tool
- Load the airplane and check the C.G. and weight limits at takeoff and landing
- The airplane behavior changes when the C.G. moves
- Complete normal operations checklist
- Complete emergency operations checklist
- Complete reference tables (speed, fuel consumption etc.)
- May be shown/hidden with mouse gestures
Simulation state saving
- Every single switch and lever position is restored when you reload the aircraft
- The battery may discharge if you leave it on and then close X-Plane
- When X-Plane is launched, the engine and oil temperature are restored basing on the time passed
- Engine maintenance tab
- Electrical systems maintenance tab
- Landing gear, brakes & tires tab
Very easy on FPS
- Written in C++ with no compromises
Extended features list
Developed by real pilots
The SimCoders.com team is made by real pilots. We code all our own flight experience into REP and try to provide you the most amazing experience in X-Plane.
Realistic and complex engine logic
The engine is meticulously reproduced by enhancing the new PT-6 turbine model introduced by Laminar in X-Plane 11.
We started from the base model and override those parts of the engine that needed some pimps to reach perfection.
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
A custom flight dynamics engine is replacing part of the internal X-Plane engine in order to enhance the realism of the simulation. You will experience realistic speeds and fuel consumptions at every power setting.
The correct drag during the landing gear operation is realistically simulated.
The aircraft uses the correct distances to takeoff and landing and reaches the correct vertical speed during climb.
The ground dynamics are enhanced by a realistic cross wind behavior.
If you are a reckless flier you will experience many failures based on the real Pilot’s Operating Handbook.
Interactive pre-flight checklist and walkaround
Do your ground pre-flight checks using the interactive walkround module. Check the
wheel status, the elevators, the aileron and the rudder. Remove the choks and the tie-downs.
Tow your airplane in and out of the hangar or move it along the airport using the
integrated towing system. A towing bar will help you steering the nose wheel.
The software will also teach you how to avoid those failures through many custom messages that may be shown during flight.
Weight & Balance tool
Checking the Weight & Balance is a very important operation that real pilots do everytime they board an aircraft.
Thanks to the W&B tool you can load your airplane and check that the plane’s weight and center of gravity are within limits. The changes affect the way the airplane flies.
With REP you can now see how the Center of Gravity of the PC12 moves back while burning fuel.
Follow the real Normal Operations Checklists to fly the airplane. Use the Emergency Checklist when you experience a failure. Plan your flight basing on the real performance tables.
The popup kneeboard is easy to use and contains all the informations you need to conduct your flight.
The airplane saves its state and restore it when you restart the simulator.
An example? After loading your airplane into X-Plane, it will have a warm engine depending on how much time has passed from the last session.
If you install HeadShake v1.5 or higher in your system, it will communicate with REP to extend the simulation realism.
You can perform the maintenance of your aircraft using the included maintenance tool (also called Hangar View). Change the oil, check the cylinders status, recharge the battery and more.
Realistic sounds set
Feel the wind flowing around the fuselage, the landing wheels screech during an hard landing, the brakes squeaking and many more. The included sounds are recorded on-board a real aircraft.
Custom settings window
A settings window allows you to enable or disable some of the software’s features.
And much, much more!
You will discover something new about the Pilatus PC-12 everytime you jump onboard it!