This package is for Thranda DHC-2 Beaver.
How does REP change the Beaver?
The Reality Expansion Pack acts over different aspects of the DHC-2 Beaver. Here are some:
- Our custom engine model completely overrides the default one, providing the most advanced piston engine simulation in the market.
- The flight dynamics are improved to match the real world data.
- The onboard systems and the failures are simulated by the 100.000+ lines of code contained in the plugin. Many of the features listed in the paragraph below are related directly to this point.
- The extra tools such the maintenance hangar, the kneeboard, the weight & balance and the walkaround
- New 3D objects are added to complete the original model.
- VR support for UI windows: since X-Plane VR support is still in beta, we cannot guarantee it works perfectly, but the path is now set!
And it comes with a bonus!
REP for Thranda DHC-2 Beaver at a glance
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
- Realistic stall speeds & behavior
- Correct climb speeds
- Realistic cruise speeds
- Real World Weight & Balance
- Realistic taxi behavior
Complex Damages System
- Triggered by the pilot actions
- Based on real world data
- Target every system in the aircraft
- Meant to teach you how to correctly manage an airplane
- Can be enabled/disabled on the fly
- Earn virtual money when you fly
- Use virtual money to buy fuel and do maintenance/repairs
- Realistic fuel prices around the World
- Fully compatible with FSEconomy and X-CPL-Pilot
- More info at https://www.simcoders.com/
- Cockpit checks
- Lights checks
- Aileron, rudder, elevator and flaps check
- Tire check and choks removal
- Tie-down removal
- Pitot tube check
- Engine cowl check
Realistic Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Junior Engine Logic
- 100% Custom engine model
- Realistic power output for given manifold pressure/RPM settings
- Realistic propeller animations as never seen before on X-Plane
- Realistic booster coil
- Switch between conventional and Bendix-Stromberg pressure carburetor (with automatic mixture)
- Correct fuel consuption
- Oil System:
- Realistic oil viscosity
- Interchangeable oil type
- Oil pump failures
- Realistic oil filter
- Fuel System
- Realistic wobble pump
- Realistic fuel pressure behavior
- Realistic fuel filter
- Realistic primer
- Realistic startup procedure
- Automatic startup procedure for newbies
- Realistic engine temperatures
- Fuel Flooding simulation
- The engine parts wear down when not managed correctly
- The engine may be warmed up upon start with the provided electrical heater
- Once activated, the electrical heater runs even when you close the simulator
Realistic Landing Gear
- The landing gear is damaged by hard landings
- The brakes and tires are damaged if not managed correctly
Developed with love
- Coded by real pilots
Electrical & Avionics System
- Realistic Battery
- The avionics are damaged if on when the engine starts/shuts down
Native Virtual Reality Support
- Complete support of new X-Plane SDK 3.0
- Menu visible in VR
- Windows visible in VR
Learn with the in-flight tips
- A non invasive tip with a suggestion about the conduct of the flight is shown when you are not flying the airplane properly
- A non invasive tip with a suggestion on how to recover the problem is shown when you damage the airplane
- The kneeboard, walkaround, tech report and all other windows are shown in VR
Custom simulation of Hypoxia
- Tunnel vision
- Hard breathing
- Normal operations checklist
- Emergency operations checklist
- Reference tables (speed, fuel consumption etc.)
- May be shown/hidden with mouse gestures
Simulation state saving
- Every single switch and lever position restores its position when you reload the aircraft
- The battery may discharge if you leave it on and then close X-Plane
- The engine restores its cylinders and oil temperature basing on the elapsed time between restarts
- Engine maintenance tab
- Electrical systems maintenance tab
- Landing gear, brakes & tires tab
- REP drives HeadShake to simulate the correct vibrations of the Wasp Junior engine
Very easy on FPS
- Written in C++ with no compromises
Extended features list
Developed by real pilots
The SimCoders.com team is made by real pilots. We code all our own flight experience into REP and try to provide you the most amazing experience in X-Plane.
Realistic and complex engine logic
The engines are meticulously reproduced and our custom logic 100% replaces/overrides the default X-Plane engine.
The oil system, the fuel system, the starter, the wobble pump, the booster coil, the electrics, and all other components are simulated one by one, basing on the handbook data. You can change oil type basing on the current season, check the fuel filter, the cylinders compression and so on. Every single part is simulated basing on real world data. Moreover, the Reality Expansion Pack accurately models the Bendix-Stromberg carburetor and provides a very realistic Automatic Mixture Control. Just move the mixture lever to the auto rich or auto lean detents and see the magic happen.
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
A custom flight dynamics engine is replacing part of the internal X-Plane engine in order to enhance the realism of the simulation. You will experience realistic speeds and fuel comsumption at every power setting. The correct drag during the landing gear operation is realistically simulated. The aircraft uses the correct distances to takeoff and landing and reaches the correct vertical speed during climb.
A reckless flier will experience many failures based on the real Pilot’s Operating Handbook.
Interactive pre-flight checklist and walkaround
Do your ground pre-flight checks using the interactive walkround module. Check the wheel status, the elevators, the aileron and the rudder. Remove the choks and the tie- downs.
Follow the real Normal Operations Checklists to fly the airplane. Use the Emergency Checklist when you experience a failure. Plan your flight basing on the real performance tables. The popup kneeboard is easy to use and contains all the information you need to conduct your flight.
The airplane state is saved and then restored when the simulator is restarted. An example? After loading your airplane into X-Plane, it will have a warm engine depending on how much time has passed from the last session.
If you install HeadShake v1.5 or higher in your system, it will communicate with REP to extend the simulation realism. REP will drive HeadShake to simulate the vibrations of the real Wasp Junior engine. Using this, you will be able to run the engine at the most comfortable RPMs.
Use the included maintenance tool (also called Hangar View) to perform the maintenance of your aircraft. Change the oil, check the cylinders status, recharge the battery and more.
Custom settings window
A settings window allows you to enable or disable some of the software’s features.
And much, much more!
You will discover something new about the DHC-2 Beaver everytime you jump onboard it!