In order to use this software, you need a copy of the Piper P28T Turbo Arrow III/V by JustFlight.
If you’re looking for the same package for the normally aspirated (non-turbo) Arrow, checkout this other page.
How does REP change the Piper Turbo Arrow?
The Reality Expansion Pack acts over different aspects of the Piper Arrow III. Here are some:
- The flight dynamics are replaced to match the real-world data. This is the starting point of every REP project. The correct airfoils, together with the plugin, will give the right dynamics to the airplane (right takeoff and landing speeds and attitudes, right stall speed, and so on).
- The onboard systems and the failures are simulated by the 120.000+ lines of code contained in the plugin. Many of the features listed in the paragraph below are related directly to this point.
- The extra tools such the maintenance hangar, the kneeboard, and the walkaround
- The sounds effects are greatly enhanced by the plugin providing things such as the wind sounds, the unique stereo touch down sounds, the amazing startup sounds, etc.
And it comes with a bonus!
REP for JustFlight Piper Turbo Arrow III/IV at a glance
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
- Realistic stall speeds & behavior
- Realistic climb speeds
- Realistic cruise speeds
- Realistic Weight & Balance
- Realistic taxi behavior
Complex Damages System
- Triggered by the pilot’s actions
- Based on real-world data
- Target every system in the aircraft
- Meant to teach you how to correctly manage an airplane
- Can be enabled/disabled on the fly
- Earn virtual money when you fly
- Use virtual money to buy fuel and do maintenance/repairs
- Realistic fuel prices around the World
- Fully compatible with FSEconomy
- More info at https://www.simcoders.com/
- Cockpit checks
- Lights checks
- Aileron, rudder, elevator, and flaps check
- Tire check and chokes removal
- Tie-down removal
- Pitot tube check
- Engine cowl check
- Push, pull and steer using the joystick
- Towbar simulation
Realistic TSIO-360-FB Engine Logic
- 100% Custom engine model
- Realistic propeller animations as never seen before on X-Plane
- Correct fuel consumption
- Realistic behavior and lag
- Realistic manifold pressure variation with propeller speed and mixture setting
- Interchangeable wastegate (fixed and automatic)
- Oil System:
- Realistic oil viscosity
- Interchangeable oil type
- Oil pump failures
- Realistic oil filter
- Interchangeable exhaust system to get more hp
- Interchangeable spark plugs: default or fine-wire
- Spark plugs fouling
- Realistic Lean of Peak and Rich of Peak operations
- Injection Fuel System
- Realistic fuel pump behavior
- Realistic fuel filter
- Realistic startup procedure
- Automatic startup procedure to help newbies
- Realistic engine temperatures
- Fuel Flooding simulation
- The engine parts are damaged if not managed correctly
Engine Preheater and Winterization Kit
- The engine may be warmed up upon start with the provided electrical heater
- Once activated, the electrical heater runs even when you close the simulator
- A winterization kit let the airplane to operate at very cold temperatures
Realistic Landing Gear
- The landing gear is damaged by hard landings and Overspeed operations
- The brakes and tires are damaged if not managed correctly
- Realistic automatic extension system
Developed with love
- Coded by real pilots
Electrical & Avionics System
- Realistic Battery
- The avionics are damaged if on when the engine starts/shuts down
Native Virtual Reality Support
- Complete support of new X-Plane SDK 3.0
- Menu visible in VR
- Windows visible in VR
Learn with the in-flight tips
- A noninvasive tip with a suggestion about the conduct of the flight is shown when you are not flying the airplane properly
- A noninvasive tip with a suggestion on how to recover the problem is shown when you damage the airplane
Custom simulation of Hypoxia
- Tunnel vision
- Hard breathing
- 3D sounds better than FMOD!
- Realistic engine clicks and stutters
- Real starter sound
- Fuselage wind sound
- Landing gear wind
- Independent touch down sounds
- Real avionics sound
- Realistic open window wind sound
- Complete normal operations checklist
- Complete emergency operations checklist
- Complete reference tables (speed, fuel consumption, etc.)
- May be shown/hidden with mouse gestures
Simulation state saving
- Every single switch and lever position is restored when you reload the aircraft
- The battery may discharge if you leave it on and then close X-Plane
- When X-Plane is launched, the engine and oil temperature are restored based on the time passed
- Engine maintenance tab
- Electrical systems maintenance tab
- Landing gear, brakes & tires tab
- REP drives HeadShake to simulate the correct vibrations of the TSIO-360 engine
Very easy on FPS
- Written in C++ with no compromises
Extended features list
Developed by real pilots
The SimCoders.com team is made by real pilots. We code all our own flight experience into REP and try to provide you the most amazing experience in X-Plane.
Realistic and complex engine logic
The engine is meticulously reproduced. The oil system, the fuel system, the starter, the fuel pump, the electrics, and all other components are simulated one by one, basing on the handbook data.
The turbo is carefully modelled in order to provide a realistic behavior of the engine parameters (manifold pressure/propeller dynamics/mixture settings) which are strongly interconnected in this model. It’s possible to use a custom aftermarket automatic wastegate that provide extra hp and simple engine operation.
Like the other REPs around, the package for the Turbo Arrow allows for interchangeable exhaust systems. The use of a tuned exhaust system will provide extra HP to your engine.
You can change oil type basing on the current season, check the fuel filter, the cylinders compressions, and so on. Every single part is simulated basing on real-world data.
REP simulates the different types of spark plugs that you can change in the maintenance window. If you use the default spark plugs, the engine may run rough if spark plugs are fouled. You can replace the default spark plugs with the fine-wire ones and almost get rid of fouling issues.
Real Turbo Arrow systems
Among other systems, you find the landing gear system (including the automatic gear extension feature), the braking system, the electrical system, and the avionics. Each one is reproduced basing on the pilot operating handbook and on our personal experience.
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
A custom flight dynamics engine is replacing part of the internal X-Plane engine in order to enhance the realism of the simulation. You will experience realistic speeds and fuel consumption in every power setting.
The correct drag during the landing gear operation is realistically simulated.
The aircraft uses the correct distances to takeoff and landing and reaches the correct vertical speed during the climb.
The ground dynamics are enhanced by realistic crosswind behavior.
If you are a reckless flier you will experience many failures based on the real Pilot’s Operating Handbook.
Interactive pre-flight checklist and walkaround
Do your ground pre-flight checks using the interactive walk round module. Check the
wheel status, the elevators, the aileron, and the rudder. Remove the chocks and the tie-
Tow your airplane in and out of the hangar or move it along the airport using the
integrated towing system. A towing bar will help you steering the nose wheel.
The software will also teach you how to avoid those failures through many custom messages that may be shown during flight.
Follow the real Normal Operations Checklists to fly the airplane. Use the Emergency Checklist when you experience a failure. Plan your flight basing on the real performance tables.
The popup kneeboard is easy to use and contains all the information you need to conduct your flight.
The airplane saves its state and restores it when you restart the simulator.
An example? After loading your airplane into X-Plane, it will have a warm engine depending on how much time has passed from the last session.
If you install HeadShake v1.5 or higher in your system, it will communicate with REP to
extend simulation realism.
REP will drive HeadShake to simulate the vibrations of the real IO-360 engine. Using
this, you will be able to run the engine at the most comfortable RPMs.
You can perform the maintenance of your aircraft using the included maintenance tool (also called Hangar View). Change the oil, check the status of the cylinders, recharge the battery, and more.
Realistic sounds set
Feel the wind flowing around the fuselage, the landing wheels screech during a hard landing, the brakes squeaking, and many more. The included sounds are recorded on-board a real aircraft.
Custom settings window
A settings window allows you to enable or disable some of the software’s features.
And much, much more!
You will discover something new about the Piper Arrow every time you jump onboard it!