After months of work, the Reality Expansion Pack for Carenado Piper 31 Navajo is finally here!
The plane and the REP are compatible with X-Plane 12.
Lycoming TIO-540-A2C Engines
Just like the other pistons REPs, this plane features a highly complex engine model. It goes much deeper that the default X-Plane one. This engine model is totally custom and replaces the default. Using our custom C++ code in place of Laminar’s lets us take full control of the engine behavior, adding features like:
- Custom turbocharger behavior
- Customized fuel pumps and fuel filter
- Realistic Oil System affected
- Interchageable oil type, affecting oil temperature and pressure
- Spark plugs fouling
- Interchangeable spark plugs type
- Working engine preheater
- Custom injection system simulation
- Interchangeable fuel injectors
- Custom system failures
- Realistic startup procedures
- Automatic startup option for a quick start
- Differencies in throttle, propeller, and mixture levers setting from left and right engine to achieve the same power make the simulation more realistic (engine differencies can be disabled in REP’s settings)
It shows the status of all the airplane systems, from the engines, to the landing gear and tires, to the O2 system. Using the report, you can fix, pimp or replace the systems that need maintenance.
The maintenance module goes in depth inside each system. Reading the user manual is really important. About the manual, you find it here if you want to get a glimpse of the plane.
If you want a more realistic experience, you can enable REP’s custom economy system. It rewards you with virtual money after each flight. You can use the virtual money to repair the plane and buy fuel at realistic prices around the world.
You can even couple the Economy System with FSEconomy of X-CPL-Pilot!
Developed with the help of real-world Piper PA31 pilots
Do you know V1-Simulations on YouTube? He’s a real world pilot with a lot of experience on the Navajo. He helped us a lot while we were working on this plane. Of course, he trouble-shooted the plane during beta test. We released the plane only after his own approval. Do you think it is enough?
No?…well, there’s a lot more!
Check out the product page to see a comprehensive list of features. They go from the VR support, to the interactive pre/post flight checks, the custom towing system and more.