In order to use this software you need a copy of the Beechcraft Bonanza V35B v3.1 or newer by Carenado
How does REP change the default Beech Bonanza?
The Reality Expansion Pack acts over different aspects of the Beechcraft V35B Bonanza. Here are some:
- The flight dynamics are replaced to match the real world data. This is the starting point of every REP project. The correct airfoils, together with the plugin, will give the right dynamics to the airplane (right takeoff and landing speeds and attitudes, right stall speed and so on).
- The onboard systems and the failures are simulated by the 50.000+ lines of code contained in the plugin. Many of the features listed in the paragraph below are related directly to this point.
- The extra tools such the maintenance hangar, the kneeboard, the weight and balance and the walkaround
- Many 3D objects are added to complete the original model: the tie-downs, the chocks, the preheater and so on.
- The sounds effects are greatly enhanced by the plugin providing things such the wind sounds, the unique stereo touch down sounds, the amazing startup sounds etc.
And it comes with a bonus!
REP for Carenado’s Beechcraft Bonanza V35B at a glance
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
- Realistic stall speeds & behavior
- Realistic climb speeds
- Realistic cruise speeds
- Realistic Weight & Balance
- Realistic taxi behavior
Complex Damages System
- Triggered by pilot’s actions
- Based on real world data
- Target every system in the aircraft
- Meant to teach you how to correctly manage an airplane
- Cockpit checks
- Aileron, rudder, elevator and flaps check
- Tire check and choks removal
- Tie-down removal
- Pitot tube check
- Engine cowl check
- Push, pull and steer using the joystick
- Towbar simulation
Realistic IO-520 Engine Logic
- Realistic propeller animations as never seen before on X-Plane
- Correct fuel consuption
- Cowl Flaps Drag
- Oil System:
- Realistic oil viscosity
- Interchangeable oil type
- Oil pump failures
- Realistic oil filter
- Interchangeable spark plugs: default or fine-wire
- Spark plugs fouling
- Realistic Lean of Peak and Rich of Peak operations
- Injection Fuel System
- Realistic fuel pump behavior
- Realistic fuel filter
- Realistic startup procedure
- Automatic startup procedure to help newbies
- Realistic engine temperatures
- Vapor Lock Simulation
- Fuel Flooding simulation
- The engine parts are damaged if not managed correctly
Osborne tip-tanks simulation
- Realistic electric pumps operation
- Custom electric pumps switches
- Realistic behavior of the airplane when the tips are full
Engine Preheater and Winterization Kit
- The engine may be warmed up upon start with the provided electrical heater
- Once activated, the electrical heater runs even when you close the simulator
- A winterization kit let the airplane to operate at very cold temperatures
Realistic Landing Gear
- The landing gear is damaged by hard landings and overspeed operations
- The brakes and tires are damaged if not managed correctly
Developed with love
- Coded by real pilots
Electrical & Avionics System
- Realistic Battery
- The avionics are damaged if on when the engine starts/shuts down
Learn with the in-flight tips
- A non invasive tip with a suggestion about the conduct of the flight is shown when you are not flying the airplane properly
- A non invasive tip with a suggestion on how to recover the problem is shown when you damage the airplane
Custom simulation of Hypoxia
- Tunnel vision
- Hard breathing
- Realistic engine clicks and stutters
- Real starter sound
- Fuselage wind sound
- Landing gear wind
- Indipendent touch down sounds
- Real avionics sound
- Realistic open window wind sound
Weight & Balance Tool
- Load the airplane and check the C.G. and weight limits at takeoff and landing
- The airplane behavior changes when the C.G. moves
- Complete normal operations checklist
- Complete emergency operations checklist
- Complete reference tables (speed, fuel consumption etc.)
- May be shown/hidden with mouse gestures
Simulation state saving
- Every single switch and lever position is restored when you reload the aircraft
- The battery may discharge if you leave it on and then close X-Plane
- When X-Plane is launched, the engine and oil temperature are restored basing on the time passed
- Engine maintenance tab
- Electrical systems maintenance tab
- Landing gear, brakes & tires tab
- REP drives HeadShake to simulate the correct vibrations of the IO-520 engine
Very easy on FPS
- Written in C++ with no compromises
Extended features list
Developed by real pilots
The SimCoders.com team is made by real pilots. We code all our own flight experience into REP and try to provide you the most amazing experience in X-Plane.
Realistic and complex engine logic
The engine is meticulously reproduced.The oil system, the fuel system, the starter, the fuel pump, the electrics and all other components are simulated one by one, basing on the handbook data.
You can change oil type basing on the current season, check the fuel filter, the cylinders compressions and so on. Every single part is simulated basing on real world data.
REP simulates different type of spark plugs that you can change in the maintenance window. If you use the default spark plugs, the engine may run rough if spark plugs are fouled. You can replace the default spark plugs with the fine-wire ones and almost get rid of fouling issues.
Real Bonanza systems
Among other systems, you find the landing gear system, the oxygen system, the braking system, the electrical system and the avionics. Each one is reproduced basing on the pilot operating handbook and on our personal experience.
Custom Osborne tip-tanks simulation
Many real world V35B have been modified by J.L. Osborne Inc. (http://www.jlosborne.com) by adding a 20 US Gal tank to each wing tip.
An Osborne upgraded V35B receives an Increased Gross Weight STC (Supplemental Type Certificate recognized by FAA/EASA) to 3600 pounds.
Once the tip tanks are activated using the Carenado’s 2D panel, the STC is applied and the Weight and Balance section is updated accordingly. The airplane behavior will change: it will feel more sluggish, especially on the roll axis.
Each tip tank is connected to the main tank on the same wing via an electric fuel feed actuated by an electric fuel pump.
The electric pumps are operated using the custom 3D switches placed in the cockpit near the digital fuel flow indicator.
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
A custom flight dynamics engine is replacing part of the internal X-Plane engine in order to enhance the realism of the simulation. You will experience realistic speeds and fuel consumptions at every power setting.
The correct drag during the landing gear operation is realistically simulated.
The aircraft uses the correct distances to takeoff and landing and reaches the correct vertical speed during climb.
The ground dynamics are enhanced by a realistic cross wind behavior.
If you are a reckless flier you will experience many failures based on the real Pilot’s Operating Handbook.
Interactive pre-flight checklist and walkaround
Do your ground pre-flight checks using the interactive walkround module. Check the
wheel status, the elevators, the aileron and the rudder. Remove the choks and the tie-
Tow your airplane in and out of the hangar or move it along the airport using the
integrated towing system. A towing bar will help you steering the nose wheel.
The software will also teach you how to avoid those failures through many custom messages that may be shown during flight.
Weight & Balance tool
Checking the Weight & Balance is a very important operation that real pilots do everytime they board an aircraft.
Thanks to the W&B tool you can load your airplane and check that the plane’s weight and center of gravity are within limits. The changes affect the way the airplane flies.
With REP you can now see how the Center of Gravity of the V35B moves back while burning fuel.
Follow the real Normal Operations Checklists to fly the airplane. Use the Emergency Checklist when you experience a failure. Plan your flight basing on the real performance tables.
The popup kneeboard is easy to use and contains all the informations you need to conduct your flight.
The airplane saves its state and restore it when you restart the simulator.
An example? After loading your airplane into X-Plane, it will have a warm engine depending on how much time has passed from the last session.
If you install HeadShake v1.5 or higher in your system, it will communicate with REP to
extend the simulation realism.
REP will drive HeadShake to simulate the vibrations of the real IO-520 engine. Using
this, you will be able to run the engine at the most comfortable RPMs.
You can perform the maintenance of your aircraft using the included maintenance tool (also called Hangar View). Change the oil, check the cylinders status, recharge the battery and more.
Realistic sounds set
Feel the wind flowing around the fuselage, the landing wheels screech during an hard landing, the brakes squeaking and many more. The included sounds are recorded on-board a real aircraft.
Custom settings window
A settings window allows you to enable or disable some of the software’s features.
And much, much more!
You will discover something new about the Beech Bonanza everytime you jump onboard it!