With the introduction of the SkunkCrafts Updater, REP now gets faster updates than before and it’s easy to ship fix and small new features with a little testing.
The Reality Expansion Pack gets its updates with a very simple policy:
- Small updates are shipped via the automatic updates about once per week
- The store updates are shipped when there’s enough “material” to constitute a new base version for new users that buy REP
Here’s the changelog of the last three updates shipped between late November and early December. Yesterday the store got v3.5.8 as well.
- Minor fixes
- SF260 New: It’s now possible to switch between a GNS430 and No-GPS avionics layout.
- Fix: the state loading could load incomplete data on some systems
- Minor fixes
- Better fuel flow at startup
- It’s now possible to paste the text in the licence box (Win and Lin only)
- Fix: saving a state file could have caused a crash on some specific system configurations
- Fix: the static elements are better managed after leaving the replay mode
- Fix: in some cases REP was unable to retrieve the correct system time
- Laminar B58 and C172: Improved compatibility with X-Plane 11.30
- C172: Improved flaps pitch moment in X-Plane 11.26+
- SF.260 Improved user manual: added the Limitations section
- SF.260 Improved user manual: added the aerobatic figures entry speeds
- SF.260 Improved checklists
- SF.260 Improved fuel pressure behavior
- SF.260 Improved carburettor icing behavior
- SF.260 New commands are available to control the fuel selector
- SF.260 Fix: an X-Plane bug could have let the engine run with no fuel in the tanks!
- SF.260 Fix: the stall buffeting sound was audible at the outside
- SF.260 Fix: Correction of inverted manipulation of Flaps at certain angles of view.
- SF.260 Fix: Changed order of Time and DME in switch to not produce mistakes.
- SF.260 Fix: Shorten ADI pointers to allow better reading of numbers that where behind the arrows.
- SF.260 Fix: Corrected Fuel selector gauge labels of I-LELM and Stormo70 New liveries
- SF.260 Fix: the propeller animations broke other aircraft’s animations
- SF.260 Fix: Added Night illumination to 15 CB
- SF.260 Fix: Corrected reference card label speeds to actual SF260D
- SF.260 Fix: Added Landing Light illumination in non-HDR mode.
- SF.260 Fix: Added VRUsers.zip with files with better compatibility in VR mode. Joystick won’t hide with hands controllers and REP menu hit point in base of 3D Joysticks.
- SF.260 Fix: minor fixes to the Bendix/King KX165A Nav/Com radio
- SF.260 Fix: better fuel flow behavior
- SF.260 Fix: corrected the turn indicator dataref
- Laminar B58 Fix: Improved drag curve at 10.000ft