After a long time out of sight, the build of HeadShake 1.2 is ready. This is a bug fix release so do not expect new features in it.
This release is mainly related to solve two bugs reported in the last months by many users:
- After an hard landing, the view rotation could not be reset to zero.
- The camera position could not be reset at startup on some airplanes.
Thanks to the guys of x737project who were the firsts to report these issues and test the fixes.
As I’ve stated some months ago, I’m working on two big projects. One of them is quite half way from its first release and, I must say, it looks very good. All that I can say is that it’s about fuel metering systems, big bore Continentals engines, spark plugs, engine starters, vacuum pumps and all the other things that “live” on a real plane.
Did I mention that I’m a real fan of A2A?
See you soon!
HeadShake v1.1 is out. It introduces a new feature called LookAhead.
It works by panning the view up when you’re pulling high Gs. This is useful if you want to avoid obstacles during low level flying, for example.
The LookAhead effect is completely customizable in the settings menu, just like any other feature of HeadShake.
Here is a video showing how LookAhead works with the A4 Skyhawk by Mid7night.
What’s next on SimCoders.com?
I’m working on two new projects. Both are huge so do not expect new releases soon.
I cannot spoil them now but I can say that they’re about system simulation in X-Plane. Both will be written in C++ and hardly tested before release.
Stay tuned because if I’ll have something interesting to show, I show it!
Marry Christmas to you all! This is my gift to the X-Plane worldwide community.
Finally, the stable version is out. There are few changes over the last version:
- Multimonitor compatibility: The major change is the multimonitor compatibility checkbox. Enable it only if you find that in your multimonitor configuration the plugin is not working well. If you enable the checkbox, the camera’s roll is disabled and the projection on your multimonitor setup should then be ok.
- Improved touchdown effect: The shake is now more realistic and the vibrations are more visibile when the plane touches down.
Many thanks to the italian X-Plane community (especially to Cekko, F-14D and Topo) for testing the plugin and giving many suggestions on how to realistically improve the simulation.
Tagged with: headshake
Posted in HeadShake
After so much work, the plugin is almost done. You can download the plugin from the HeadShake page.
I’ve made some major improvements according to what the users have asked in the past weeks. The most important are the touchdown effect and a fix for Mac 32 bit.
There are also some minor improvements to the settings UI and the ground roll and g-force effects.
This is the complete changelog for this RC:
- Added the touchdown effect
- The maximum value of each effect is now doubled
- Better settings UI
- Improved Mac OS compatibility
- Improved g-force and ground roll effects
- The settings file is saved in the sim preferences folder
- The effects are disabled while the sim is paused