How does REP change the Beech Baron?
The Reality Expansion Pack acts over different aspects of the Beechcraft B58 Baron. Here are some:
- Our custom engine model completely overrides the default one, providing the most advanced piston engine simulation in the market.
- The flight dynamics are replaced to match the real world data. This has been done in collaboration with real world Baron pilots that took part in beta testing the airplane. The correct airfoils, together with the plugin, give the right feedback flying the airplane. It will takeoff and climb at the correct speed, cruise at the correct attitude and power setting and behave like the real one. The flight model nails the real world numbers with the 1% precision.
- The onboard systems and the failures are simulated by the 50.000+ lines of code contained in the plugin. Many of the features listed in the paragraph below are related directly to this point.
- The extra tools such the maintenance hangar, the kneeboard, the weight & balance and the walkaround
- Many 3D objects are added to complete the original model: the tie-downs, the chocks, the preheater and more.
- The sounds effects are greatly enhanced by the plugin providing things such the engines realistic droning sound (you don’t find it in any other X-Plane addon), the wind sounds, the unique stereo touch down sounds and the amazing startup sounds.
- An experimental VR support for UI windows: since X-Plane VR support is still in beta, we cannot guarantee it works perfectly, but the path is now set!
And it comes with a bonus!
REP for Beechcraft B58 Baron at a glance
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
- Realistic stall speeds & behavior
- Correct climb speeds
- Realistic cruise speeds
- Real World Weight & Balance
- Realistic taxi behavior
Complex Damages System
- Triggered by the pilot actions
- Based on real world data
- Target every system in the aircraft
- Meant to teach you how to correctly manage an airplane
- Cockpit checks
- Lights checks
- Aileron, rudder, elevator and flaps check
- Tire check and choks removal
- Tie-down removal
- Pitot tube check
- Engine cowl check
- Push, pull and steer using the joystick
- Towbar simulation
Realistic IO-550 Engine Logic
- 100% Custom engine model
- Differencies between the two engines: sync the props manually “by ear”
- Realistic propeller animations as never seen before on X-Plane
- Correct fuel consuption
- Cowl Flaps Drag
- Oil System:
- Realistic oil viscosity
- Interchangeable oil type
- Oil pump failures
- Realistic oil filter
- Injection Fuel System
- Realistic fuel pump behavior
- Realistic fuel filter
- Realistic startup procedure
- automatic startup procedure for newbies
- Realistic engine temperatures
- Vapor Lock Simulation
- Fuel Flooding simulation
- The engine parts wear down when not managed correctly
Engine Preheater and Winterization Kit
- The engine may be warmed up upon start with the provided electrical heater
- Once activated, the electrical heater runs even when you close the simulator
- A winterization kit let the airplane to operate at very cold temperatures
Realistic Landing Gear
- The landing gear is damaged by hard landings and overspeed operations
- The brakes and tires are damaged if not managed correctly
Developed with love
- Coded by real pilots
Electrical & Avionics System
- Realistic Battery
- The avionics are damaged if on when the engine starts/shuts down
Learn with the in-flight tips
- A non invasive tip with a suggestion about the conduct of the flight is shown when you are not flying the airplane properly
- A non invasive tip with a suggestion on how to recover the problem is shown when you damage the airplane
- The kneeboard, walkaround, tech report and all other windows are shown in VR
Custom simulation of Hypoxia
- Tunnel vision
- Hard breathing
- 3D sounds better than FMOD!
- Realistic engine clicks and stutters
- Real starter sound
- Fuselage wind sound
- Landing gear wind
- Indipendent touch down sounds
- Real avionics sound
- Realistic open window wind sound
Weight & Balance Tool
- Load the airplane and check the C.G. and weight limits at takeoff and landing
- The airplane behavior changes when the C.G. moves
- Normal operations checklist
- Emergency operations checklist
- Reference tables (speed, fuel consumption etc.)
- May be shown/hidden with mouse gestures
Simulation state saving
- Every single switch and lever position restores its position when you reload the aircraft
- The battery may discharge if you leave it on and then close X-Plane
- The engine restores its cylinders and oil temperature basing on the elapsed time between restarts
- Engine maintenance tab
- Electrical systems maintenance tab
- Landing gear, brakes & tires tab
- REP drives HeadShake to simulate the correct vibrations of the IO-550 engines
Very easy on FPS
- Written in C++ with no compromises
Extended features list
Developed by real pilots
The SimCoders.com team is made by real pilots. We code all our own flight experience into REP and try to provide you the most amazing experience in X-Plane.
Realistic and complex engine logic
The engines are meticulously reproduced and our custom loginc 100% replaces/overrides the default X-Plane engine.
The oil system, the fuel system, the starter, the fuel pump, the electrics and all other components are simulated one by one, basing on the handbook data. You can change oil type basing on the current season, check the fuel filter, the cylinders compressions and so on. Every single part is simulated basing on real world data. The most amazing feature of this twin-engine is the engines’ droning sound when they are out of sync. The RPM difference between the engines shakes the fuselage and the more the propellers are out of sync, the faster is the droning sound.
Real Baron systems
Among other systems, you find the landing gear system, the oxygen system, the braking system, the electrical system and the avionics. Each system is reproduced basing on the pilot operating handbook and on our personal experience.
Ultra Realistic Flight & Ground Dynamics
A custom flight dynamics engine is replacing part of the internal X-Plane engine in order to enhance the realism of the simulation. You will experience realistic speeds and fuel consumptions at every power setting. The correct drag during the landing gear operation is realistically simulated. The aircraft uses the correct distances to takeoff and landing and reaches the correct vertical speed during climb. The plugin automatically corrects the faulty cross-wind behavior of X-Plane to let you experience a realistic ground roll.
A reckless flier will experience many failures based on the real Pilot’s Operating Handbook.
Interactive pre-flight checklist and walkaround
Do your ground pre-flight checks using the interactive walkround module. Check the wheel status, the elevators, the aileron and the rudder. Remove the choks and the tie- downs.
Tow your airplane in and out of the hangar or move it along the airport using the integrated towing system. A towing bar will help you steering the nose wheel. The software will also teach you how to avoid those failures through many custom messages that may be shown during flight.
Weight & Balance tool
Checking the Weight & Balance is a very important operation that real pilots do everytime they board an aircraft. Thanks to the W&B tool you can load your airplane and check that the plane’s weight and center of gravity are within limits. The changes affect the way the airplane flies. With REP you can now see how the Center of Gravity of the B58 moves back while burning fuel.
Follow the real Normal Operations Checklists to fly the airplane. Use the Emergency Checklist when you experience a failure. Plan your flight basing on the real performance tables. The popup kneeboard is easy to use and contains all the informations you need to conduct your flight.
The airplane state is saved and then restored when the simulator is restarted. An example? After loading your airplane into X-Plane, it will have a warm engine depending on how much time has passed from the last session.
If you install HeadShake v1.5 or higher in your system, it will communicate with REP to extend the simulation realism. REP will drive HeadShake to simulate the vibrations of the real IO-550-C engines. Using this, you will be able to run the engine at the most comfortable RPMs.
Use the included maintenance tool (also called Hangar View) to perform the maintenance of your aircraft. Change the oil, check the cylinders status, recharge the battery and more.
Realistic sounds set
Feel the wind flowing around the fuselage, the landing wheels screech during an hard landing, the brakes squeaking and many more. The included sounds have been recorded on-board a real aircraft.
Custom settings window
A settings window allows you to enable or disable some of the software’s features.
And much, much more!
You will discover something new about the Beech Baron everytime you jump onboard it!